Arthur Palmer Aspland1
M, #1274, b. 20 March 1837, d. 28 March 1900
|Father||Robert Brook Aspland1 b. 19 Jan 1805, d. 21 Jun 1869|
|Mother||Jane Hibbert1 b. 27 Jul 1811, d. 28 Jun 1872|
|Charts||Descendants Chart - Henry Aspland|
|Birth*||Arthur Palmer Aspland was born on 20 March 1837 at Dukinfield, Cheshire, England.2,3|
|Baptism||He was baptized on 10 May 1837 at Old Chapel - Presbyterian, Dukinfield, Cheshire, England.4|
|Marriage*||He married Sarah Hibbert circa September 1862 at Stockport, Cheshire, England.1,2,5|
|Occupation*||Arthur Palmer Aspland was a Cotton Spinner Most Manufacture in 1871.6|
|Census||He and Sarah Hibbert appeared on the census of 1871 at Werneth Lodge, Stockport, Cheshire, England; three servants were listed in the household.6|
|Occupation||Arthur Palmer Aspland was a County Magistrate, Cotton Spinner & Manufacturer in 1891.3|
|Census*||He and Sarah Hibbert appeared on the census of 1891 at 33 Leicester Street, North Meols, Southport, Lancashire, England; they are listed as boarders.4|
|Coat-of-Arms*||Arthur Palmer Aspland had a Coat-of-Arms. |
Arthur Palmer Aspland, Esquire, J.P. for Cheshire.
Armorial bearings - Azure, three chevronels erminois between as many crescents in chief and a cross flory in base argent.
Mantling azure and or; and for his Crest, upon a wreath of the colours, in front of a ram's head couped sable, armed or, three mascles interlaced fesseways argent.
Motto - "Ex libertate veritas"
Seats - Werneth Lodge, Gee Cross, Hyde, Cheshire; and Beaufell Windermere.
|Death*||He died on 28 March 1900 at Hyde, Cheshire, England, at age 63.7,1|
|Burial*||He was buried in March 1900 at Hyde Chapel, Gee Cross, Cheshire, England. The headstone reads:|
In Memory of Arthur Palmer Aspland of Werneth Lodge, Gee Cross
Born March 21st 1837
Died March 28th 1900
Also of Sarah Aspland his wife
Born January 8th 1843
Died April 24th 1939 aged 96 years
This Memorial was erected as a Tribute of Respect to Arthur Palmer by the Directors and work people of Slack, Greenfield and High Bank Mills, Hyde.8
|Sarah Hibbert b. 8 Jan 1843, d. 24 Apr 1939|
- [S400] Greg Aspland, GEDCOM File from Greg Aspland.
- [S817] Paul Brown, "Henry Aspland's Descendants," e-mail to Robert Mote, December 2005.
- [S835] 1891 England Census, RG12/3035/F?
- [S833] RootsWeb WorldConnect Project, online http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com, Database: sshawcross.
- [S822] UK BMDs, online various, Marriage 1862 Q3 Stockport 8a 112.
- [S824] 1871 UK Census, RG10/3654/F?
- [S544] Aspland Will Index.
- [S848] Ron Hamilton, "Arthur Brook aspland," e-mail to Robert Mote, June 2008.
- [S821] FreeBMD UK, online http://www.freebmd.org.uk, Birth 1866 Q4 Ashton under Lyne 8d 409.