Theophilus Lindsey Aspland1
M, #1276, b. 1808, d. 12 December 1890
|Birth*||Theophilus Lindsey Aspland was born in 1808 at Hackney, Middlesex, England.2,1,3,4 |
|Marriage*||He married Jane Unknown Surname in 1841.2,1 |
|Marriage*||Theophilus Lindsey Aspland married Ellen Cowburn circa June 1862 at Ulverston, Cumbria, England.3 |
|Census*||Theophilus Lindsey Aspland and Ellen Cowburn appeared on the census of 1871 at The Cottage, Ulverston, Lancashire, England.4 |
|Occupation*||Theophilus Lindsey Aspland was a landscape painter in watercolour. He was born in London and became a pupil of George Cook, the engraver and acquatinter. He worked in Liverpool and Manchester until 1848 when he retired to Esthwaite Water to concentrate on painting Lake District views. His drawings were much used in Harriet Martineau's "A Complete Guide to the English Lakes" in 1855.3 |
|Death*||He died on 12 December 1890 at Reigate, Surrey, England.5,1,6 |
- [S400] Greg Aspland, GEDCOM File from Greg Aspland.
- [S490] Phyllis Drake, Aspland Tree by Phyllis Drake.
- [S833] RootsWeb WorldConnect Project, online http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com, Database: sshawcross.
- [S824] 1871 UK Census, RG10/4247.
- [S544] Aspland Will Index.
- [S822] UK BMDs, online various, Death 1890 Q4 2a 112.